The Importance of Podcasts
Everyone loves a good story, and that’s what podcasts provide. They’re informative, thought-provoking, and entertaining. Some even come as manuals or tutorials, and those podcasts serve as helpful tools to our lives.
ASTRA’s very own podcast, ‘Toy Talk’, has been created to support the educational programs for our membership while providing content for the greater ecosystem of the specialty toy industry. Our industry represents a world of entrepreneurs, and these conversational podcasts are created to illuminate trends on topics such as children and play, business operations, sales and marketing, financial management, and the industry trends! Additionally featured on this page are curated podcast feeds that may be used as interdisciplinary tools when expanding your ideas of what the power of play means to you.
- Toy Talk, Episode 5 | Sari Wiaz on the 10,000 Small Businesses ProgramHere is what you need to know about the Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses Program. This episode features Sari Wiaz, with Baby Paper; an alumni and current Ambassador for the program. You are likely eligible for this amazing opportunity, so tune in to hear more about how to apply! For additional information about the Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses Program in your area, go to: https://academy.astratoy.org/goldmansachs_smallbusinesses .
- Toy Talk, Episode 4 | Merchant Giving Project and Becky & Me ToysThis episode of Toy Talk features Jeff Campion from The Merchant Giving Project (MGP), and Peggy Sebert from Becky & Me Toys of Evanston, IL. Together, they discuss the consultative partnership between MGP and Becky & Me Toys, and the details of how Becky & Me Toys has been able to give back to the community while doing business. Learn more about The Merchant Giving Project (MGP) in our webinar: "Doing Good While Doing Business" Link: https://academy.astratoy.org/products/do-good-while-doing-business#tab-product_tab_overview
- Toy Talk, Episode 3 | Merchant Giving Project & Hopscotch ToysThis episode of Toy Talk features Jeff Campion and Doug Havrilla from The Merchant Giving Project, and Linda Hays from Hopscotch Toys of McMinnville, OR. Together, they discuss the consultative partnership between The Merchant Giving Project and Hopscotch Toys, and the details of how Hopscotch Toys has been able to give back to the community while doing business. Learn more about The Merchant Giving Project (MGP) in our webinar: "Doing Good While Doing Business" Link: https://academy.astratoy.org/products/do-good-while-doing-business#tab-product_tab_overview
- Toy Talk, Episode 2 | Leasing Q&A with Craig MelbyLeasing Q&A with Craig Melby of Lease Smart and ASTRA members, Mary Sisson of Kazoodles and Michelle Sahr of Off the Wagon. ASTRA joined Craig on his podcast, "Corporate Real Estate" to ask questions about retail leases.
- Toy Talk, Episode 1 | Pointy: Be Found LocallyListen to ASTRA's first Toy Talks podcast with Caroline Brady of Pointy | Be Found Locally. Retailers, Jackie Anderson and Keith Schumacker, share their insights on the marketing tool and explain how the installment of Pointy has supported traffic, sales and marketing in their stores. Tune in to hear how you CAN get more traffic in your store with Pointy!
Ready, Set, Play!
Want more? Visit the online steaming service here for 'Ready, Set, Play!'.
Cool Things Entrepreneurs Do
Want more? Visit the online steaming service here for 'Cool Things Entrepreneurs Do'.